Engage Early and Often
At Collab Local, we believe in engaging the community early and often. Our experience in community organizing, community development, collective impact, and coalition-building has given us a unique lens into integrating the public into public projects.
Trained by the International Association of Public Participation (IAP2), we practice the following P2 Values:
- Those who are affected by a decision have a right to be involved in the decision-making process.
- The public's contribution will influence the decision.
- Promote sustainable decisions by recognizing and communicating the needs and interests of all participants, including decision makers.
- Seek out and facilitate the involvement of those potentially affected by or interested in a decision.
- Seek input from participants in designing how they participate.
- Provide participants with the information they need to participate in a meaningful way.
- Communicate to participants how their input affected the decision.